Over the past 24 years, the automation engineers at Superior Controls (now 125 engineers located in NH, NY, and CA) have built a strong reputation as the go-to provider in the life sciences industry and as experts in FDA requirements for biotech automation.
In the past 90 days, Superior Controls has been awarded validated automation projects from 26 separate biotech manufacturers. These projects include:
- 7 Bioreactor Batching Systems (500L, 1000L, 2000L)
- 6 Support Contracts, 24/7 availability
- 4 Ultra Filtration / Diafiltration Systems
- 2 Harvest Reactor Systems
- 2 Ultra Filtration Systems
- 2 Chromatography Systems
- 2 Simulated Moving Bed Chromatography Upgrades
- 2 Clean-in-Place (CIP) Systems
- 2 Water for Injection (WFI) Systems
- 2 HTST Control System
- 2 BMS Door Interlock Systems
- 2 Site Alarm Systems
- 2 Solvent Distribution Systems for Oligonucleotide Production, Class 1, Div. 2
- 1 Design Project for a New Manufacturing and Execution System (MES) and Control System to manufacture RNA in high volume with approximately 1000 I/O points
- 1 Building Management System
- 1 $4.5M Turnkey Automation Project to automate a large R&D facility with multiple solvent distribution and recovery systems
- 1 Filter Manufacturing / Integrity Testing System
- 1 Assay Manufacturing Facility Control and Monitoring System for a new production facility
The automation controllers for these projects include Rockwell, Rockwell PlantPAx, Siemens, ABB, and Delta V. The operator interfaces include Factory Talk, Proficy, Wonderware Archestra, Delta V, and OSI PI.
Site acceptance tests (SATs) and startups have/will require travel to China (3 separate locations), Germany, Sweden, India, Ireland, and 12 States.
Not bad for a summer! Stay tuned for an update on more validated biotech automation projects we will be implementing later this fall.