The Superior Controls executive team feels a strong sense of responsibility for educating today’s engineering students, who are tomorrow’s workforce. Each member of the team has taken it upon himself to find ways to volunteer and offer support, benefitting local universities and strengthening the ties between industry and academia.
“We have had a mutually-beneficial relationship with the University of California, Davis for over 15 years,” said Greg Banks, president of Superior Controls West (Banks Integration Group). “We are able to recruit very talented and bright engineering students as interns, who quite often transition to full time employees.” Superior Controls hires approximately 12 recent engineering graduates each year (both east and west coast).
Rick Pierro, Mark LaRoche and Greg Banks have donated countless hours of their time in leadership roles on councils, committees and advisory boards, giving presentations to student groups, and mentoring students. In fact, the average tenure is over 9 years at eight organizations, giving a cumulative total of 73 years volunteered in this capacity.
Time is not all that has been given. Superior Controls has donated over $200,000 during the past twenty years to local university engineering programs to train future engineers. This funding has produced the Superior Controls Chemical Engineering Computer Lab as well as the Superior Controls Chemical Engineering Process Controls Lab at UMass Lowell, as well as numerous other worthwhile educational projects.
- UMass Lowell Chemical Engineering Advisory Board
- UMass Lowell School of Engineering Advisory Board
- University of New Hampshire Chemical Engineering Advisory Board
- University of New Hampshire College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Advisory Board
- International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers (ISPE), Boston Chapter
- ISPE, San Francisco Chapter
- ISPE, International Student Development Committee
- ISPE, San Francisco, Young Professionals
- New Hampshire High Technology Council Board of Directors
- University of California (UC) Davis College of Biological and Agricultural Engineering Board of Advisors
- UC Davis student groups: ISPE, Society of Women Engineers, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Department of Biosystem Engineers
- FIRST Robotics teams in Vacaville, CA
- Exploratorium of San Francisco
- Job shadowing program for STEM-based high school students in California
As you can see, Superior Controls is investing in our future engineers.