For two decades, the 70 automation engineers at Superior Controls have built a strong reputation as the go to provider in the biotech industry and as experts in FDA requirements for biotech automation. In the past 90 days, for example, Superior Controls has been awarded projects from 14 separate biotech manufacturers. These projects include:
- 5 Bioreactor (500L, 1000L, 2000L) Systems
- 3 Harvest Reactors Systems
- 3 Ultra Filtration/ Diafiltration Systems
- 3 Chromatography Systems
- 1 Simulated Moving Bed Chromatography Upgrade
- 2 Clean in Place(CIP) Systems
- 2 Water for Injection (WFI) Systems
- 3 Solvent Distribution (Class 1, Div. 2) Systems for Oligonucleotide Production
- 1 Spray Dryer
All of these GMP projects (except for the solvent distribution systems) will be validated with help from our elite 7-member validation team.
The automation controllers for these projects include Rockwell, Siemens, ABB, Delta V, and Beckoff. The operator interfaces include Factory Talk, iFIX, Wonderware Archestra, and OSI PI.
Site acceptance tests (SATs) and startups will require travel to China, Brazil, Germany, Sweden, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
Not bad for a summer! Stay tuned for an update of more validated biotech automation projects this fall.